A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there\u2019s more to being in business than just making a profit. That\u2019s the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it\u2019s never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It\u2019s about how you can grab everything that\u2019s within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It\u2019s about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we\u2019ll all be a little better off. It\u2019s that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world\u2019s best-loved brands: M&M\u2019s\u00AE, SNICKERS\u00AE, TWIX\u00AE, MILKY WAY\u00AE, DOVE\u00AE, PEDIGREE\u00AE, ROYAL CANIN\u00AE, WHISKAS\u00AE, EXTRA\u00AE, ORBIT\u00AE, 5\u2122, SKITTLES\u00AE, UNCLE BEN\u2019S\u00AE, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA\u00AE. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD\u00AE Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl\u00AE, VCA\u00AE and Pet Partners\u2122. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles \u2013 Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom \u2013 inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
Key Responsibilities/\u804C\u4F4D\u63CF\u8FF0\uFF1A \n
- Manage day to day and special project sample preparation \u2013 crushing/grinding/blending \n
- Manage the flow of samples within the sample room as well as the release of sample aliquots to internal and external laboratories. \n
- Ensure proper sample management focusing on eliminating cross-contamination, sample homogenization and ensuring proper sample particle sizing. \n
- When appropriate, help to write/create documents for, and always follow laboratory quality management systems ISO 17025 and Mars Global Laboratory Quality Management System. \n
- Work as a team player including open and honest communication, respecting confidentiality with any laboratory information. \n
- Knowledge of Laboratory Information Management (LIMS) systems. \n
- Good organizational skills to adapt to fluctuating workloads while maintaining appropriate attention to detail. \n
- Demonstrate ability to follow established laboratory safety procedures, to maintain accurate records, and to clearly and accurately read and write and transcribe data and analytical chemistry literature. \n
- Good communications skills - verbal and written communication. \n
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of laboratory safety, chemicals management and chemical hygiene plans. \n
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.